Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Me Verses the Ugliest Color in the World

We are moving! While we are very excited, some things have to be done to the new house before we can move in. The kitchen is getting a total makeover, courtesy of me! The joke around my house is that if you stand still long enough, you will get painted! I love color. But NOT the current color of this kitchen. The current color is somewhere between khaki green and baby poo brown. I chose a pale butter yellow color for the kitchen and went over to the house Sunday afternoon to start my painting. I took my little helper (probaby not so wise) and we began painting. The texture on the walls is pretty rough and there are lots of "little" pieces of wall-not wide enough for a roller. And it is going to take at least two coats of the yellow to cover up the khaki.What you see in the pic is all I got done in three hours. I really thought I would be much farther along. This is definitely going to be a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment