Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sunday Morning Brunch Casserole

I woke up much earlier than my family on Sunday morning, at about 5:30 in fact. I did my Beth Moore Bible study on Daniel. Have you done this one? If not, you really need to check into it. I think this is her best by far. I am learning SO much! Anyhoo-I did my Bible study, colored my hair, and was joined by my three year old while the hair was still poking out in sticky spikes from the cap and smelling of a science lab.We decided to get breakfast going and I wanted to try something new. I pulled out my Gooseberry Patch "Autumn in the Contry" cookbook and decided on the Sunday Brunch Casserole. We got busy cracking eggs, chopping onions, and frying bacon. Here is the recipe if you decide to give it a go! This one got 5 thumbs up by the family:)
Sunday Brunch Casserole

1/2 lb bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled, drippings reserved
1/2 C onion, chopped
1/2 green or yellow pepper, chopped
1 dozen eggs
1 C milk
20 oz pkg frozen hashbrowns, thawed
1 C shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dill weed
Heat reserved drippings in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and pepper, cook until tender and set aside. Whisk together eggs and milk in large bowl, stir in bacon, onion mixture, and hashbrowns. Mix in cheese and seasonings. Pour all into greased 9x13. Bake uncovered at 350 for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment